Did you accidentally drop melted wax on your carpet? Wax is a tough stain to clean. And, wax on the carpet can be a nightmare. But not to worry! Because if you are wondering how to get wax out of the carpet, there are simple ways you can clean it.
There is always the option of giving your wax stained rug to carpet cleaners in Gainesville FL. But you can follow these steps to clean it.
- Freeze and scrape
- Scrape the dried wax
- Iron the stain
This is how to get melted wax out of the carpet. Put ice in a plastic bag and wrap it with a towel to avoid wetting the carpet. Put the cold wrap on the wax spill. Let it stay for a few minutes till the wax hardens.
Once the wax dries, scrape it off with the help of a spoon or a butter knife. Vacuum the dried, loosened wax. If you can remove the wax with this step, your task is done, and you will have your clean rug. If not, then don’t worry, and continue to follow the next steps.
Place a cotton towel or paper napkin over the stain. Just make sure that it is absorbent. Get your iron box and allow it to heat up at a low temperature. Iron over the towel or napkin. This will how to get dried wax out of the carpet. The remaining dry wax will melt, and the napkin will absorb it. Keep ironing till all the wax is absorbed. If the amount of wax is more and you notice that your napkin is fully used up, use a fresh one and continue the process.
Once you get rid of the wax, simply clean the spot like you would for any other stain. Just dip a soft cloth in a mild detergent solution and rub it over the stain. You can also use rubbing alcohol to clean. However, you should not rub the carpet too hard, or you will end up damaging the fibers.
Finish up your cleaning by vacuuming the carpet. This will return the cleaned area to the normal texture of the carpet. And that is how to get wax out of the carpet.
How to deep clean carpet
If your carpet is asking for a more thorough cleaning, then you may follow the steps give below
- Vacuum the carpet to remove the loose dirt
- Put one-part vinegar with three-part water in a bottle and spray over the carpet in parts.
- Spray enough to make the carpet damp.
- Allow it to sit for five minutes, and then use a cloth to blot the stain.
- Keep rinsing the cloth with clean water so it does not soil the carpet further.
Use a steam cleaner to deep clean the carpet.
- Mix baking soda with salt and sprinkle over the whole carpet. Let it stay for a few minutes.
- Use your cloth steamer and dampen the carpet with steam.
- Use a scrub to loosen the dirt gently.
- Finally, use a clean, damp cloth to rub off the carpet.
- Dry the carpet and vacuum it again.
Now that you know how to get wax out of the carpet and how to deep clean your carpet, you can go ahead and try it yourself. However, carpet cleaning can be cumbersome, and there is a risk of damaging the fibers. So, if you want to make your life easy, it is best left to professionals. You may also consider pressure washing in Gainesville FL, which is a great way to clean your carpet.